Dear Plan Administrators,
Due to COVID-19 pandemic, many dental and health practitioners have been forced to close. As a result, the use of dental and some other extended health care benefits have declined.
Canada`s three major insurance companies, Sun Life, Canada Life and CINUP have recently announced premium deduction for dental and non-drug-related extended health care benefits for their group insurance clients.
Sun Life Financial
Here are the changes Sun Life is making for all non-refund clients:
- Dental: 50% dental premium credit per month.
- Extended Health Care: 20% premium credit on the non-drug coverage portion of extended health care benefit premium
Sun Life is going to apply the April credit to your June 1 invoice and will continue to assess the situation on a monthly basis. For more information, please visit SunLife.ca
- Dental: 50% premium reduction adjustment will be applied.
- Vision: 20% premium reduction adjustment will be applied.
- Healthcare (excluding drugs): A 20% premium reduction adjustment will be applied.
Canada Life is going to apply the premium credit retroactive to April 1, 2020. May premium reduction adjustments will be completed on the June billing.
For more information, please visit Canadalife.com
CINUP recognizes the impacts of the pandemic and the ability for plan members to utilize their dental and extended health benefits.
CINUP is providing the following credits, retroactive to April 1st, on May 2020 billing:
- Dental: 50% premium reduction adjustment
- Extended Health: 10% premium reduction adjustment
Your June bill will show the credits applied for April, as well as the full premium for June. The credits will be monitored monthly and you will be notified of any changes.
For any questions and more information, please contact our group benefits managers, Mina Dingle or Denise Perry. They will be more than happy to assist you.